WELCOME TO ORRVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Respect, Prepare, Perform, Persist
Dear OMS Community,
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! We just wanted resend some important information for the start of the school year. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school at 330.682.1791 or to email Mr. Sovacool at email@example.com. We are looking forward to a great 2021-2022 school year!
- Busing information for the 2021-22 school year will be provided by the transportation department before the start of the school year.
Our OMS Open House for grades 5-8 will be on August 11 from 6-8 pm.
- 5th grade students and parents should report to the cafeteria at 6:00 to get schedule and we will have a informational meeting starting at 6:00 in the cafeteria. After the meeting, students and parents can meet their teachers and tour the building.
- 6th-8th grade students and parents should report to the gym at 6:00 to pick up their schedule and then are free to meet teachers and tour the building. This will be a simple meet and greet format and teachers may have additional information to share with our parents. We will have an optional parent meeting for 6-8 grade parents in the gym at 7:15. Topics for this meeting will be student expectations, fundraising information to help with class trips and PTO involvement.
- Parking will be available in the front parking lot, back parking lot by the gym or the blacktop area of our playground. We look forward to seeing you on August 11 from 6-8 pm.
- PTO Back to School Bash! The PTO is sponsoring a Back to School Bash for students k-6 on Friday, August 13th from 4-7 outside between the middle school and elementary school. It will feature a 70 foot obstacle course and you can purchase hot dogs, snow cones, cotton candy, popcorn and nachos. There will be a Mad Science Exhibit at 6:00 pm. Students may not attend unless a parent or adult is with them. Thank you to Serpentini for sponsoring the Bash!
- First Day of School is August 17th. Students may enter the building at 7:30 am. Students who eat breakfast will report to the cafeteria and after they are done eating they will report to their homeroom. Students who are not eating breakfast will report to their homeroom upon entering the building.
- As a reminder, breakfast and lunch are free for every student this school year. However, if you qualify to have your school fees paid this year you must fill out and return the Free and Reduced Meal Form. These forms provide the information you need to determine if you qualify to have fees waived and they will be passed out the first day of school.
- Please remember that school forms should be completely filled out on Final Forms before the first day of school.
- Fall Parent Teacher Conferences are September 20th and 22nd from 3-7 pm.
- OMS Picture Day is October 1st.
Again, we are excited about the upcoming school year and strive to provide your child with a safe and rewarding experience. Parental communication and involvement plays an important role in the success of our school year. By working together, we can unsure that our students are respectful and responsible in all that they do! If we can be any assistance to you, please feel free to contact us at school.
The philosophy of Orrville Middle School centers on the belief that all students have the capacity to learn, grow and develop into knowledgeable and caring citizens of the Orrville community. Our students will be engaged in learning that is relevant, challenging and exploratory. It is our goal that our students develop socially, emotionally, and academically in a trusting and respectful environment in which family and community are actively involved. In order to achieve these goals it is necessary for the school and family to work closely with each other so that the child is successful at school. During the middle school years, our students may face many important life choices and needs the support of both home and school to make wise, healthy decisions.
The mission of the Orrville City School District, in partnership with the parents and the community, is to inspire all students to become successful and lifelong learners and to be prepared to responsibly contribute to our community and society.
All middle school students follow three basic school rules. These rules are followed in every location of the buildings. The students pride themselves on following the three R’s.
- Respect yourself!
- Respect others!
- Respect property!